Monday, June 20, 2005

Tanks, a lot!

After a very sleepless night with the dog having trouble breathing, I tried to clean the jeep gas tank. I made a big mess, sent fountains of solvent, degreaser and water through it. I got out some small sand sized particles- and then when the tank was drying down I was feeling inside and could feel a smooth surface where my pressure washer could get, but to the sides there were loose bits of this stuff that were reddish, but didn’t seem like rust particles.

The problem is the drain hole on the tank is seized shut, and my attempts to open the plug look like they will rip the metal wall out first. So cleaning is a problem. I am stumped. I think I will take a sample of the grains and see if they dissolve in fresh gas- if so they are resin bits. If not, back to the drawing board.

In other news a great mail order book store is going under and stuff is on sale- www.tollehausbooks.com Drat! It is nigh impossible to make money selling books these days.

No comments: